Search Engine Optimisation is so important that even Google is looking for an SEO Program Manager to help it to improve the organic rankings of their own web pages! If you think that your website does not need search engine optimisation, it might be time for you to think again.
What exactly is Google looking for?
Google has posted a job offer for a full-time ‘Program Manager for Technical SEO‘:
“As a Program Manager for Technical SEO, you will work with cross-functional teams across Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and more to help drive organic traffic and business growth.
You will take part in website development and optimization, help shape blog and social strategy, improve website code hygiene and define web architecture for international websites.”
Google: search engine optimisation is important
Google’s job offer has several implications:
1. Even though Google is the most visited website in the world, they still acknowledge the importance of search engine optimisation. Even Google needs to comply and compete.
2. Google are saying that they are following responsible search practices and that they want to compete fairly in their own search results.
3. Google has an enormous marketing budget, far more than any Brighton business I would suggest, nevertheless, they find SEO very valuable for their marketing purposes.
The message is Stop Spamming, start doing SEO
Note that the ad is talking about search engine optimisation, not about spamming. So forget about what used to pass as SEO – automated link building tools, article spinners or other shady SEO methods.
If you want to be successful, you have to start doing real SEO. This involves a minimum 4 step process:
1. Create good web page content
2. Optimise that content
3. Make sure that search engines can index your web pages
4. Improve the links that point to your site, etc.
We can help you with any / all of the above. To find out more about our Organic SEO services please leave a comment below or call us on 01273 328877